The Komrade Clan website (Site still under construction) will provide you with the information to help you in the clan. Above is the Komrade Clan IRC, the main form of communication within the clan other than the forums so you can chat with members and clan leaders, as well as others. To make your IRC experience more efficient and effective, you may obtain a client, with the guide seen here.
Read full article
Clearly, people has misunderstood the current happenings with the release of Ace of Spades 1.0. Of course, I’d like to say that Komrades have no intention of disbanding anytime soon- for the Starcraft players out there, we won’t be ending up like SlayerS team.
More importantly, Komrades as a community will continue to support games such as Ace of Spades (Prototype/0.75), Ace of Spades 1.0, Minecraft, and Starcraft. Many other games are also being considered, but it is your job as members to suggest and promote the game. Try doing so on our new forums. The forums are based off of the forum theme that Komrades first landed on with Ace of Spades.
Though AoS Voxlap is no longer officially supported, there is always both Build and Shoot and GreaseMonkey’s Iceball. Build and shoot provides a friendlier environment with all of the old community’s faces for older versions of the voxlap game that we all love. We will establish a server with Ace of Spades Voxlap as well as try to get a server for Iceball. We already have a minecraft server. Visit the IRC for information on that.
It’s your pick Komrades! I hope this has clarified most of the problems and questions. Happy Gaming!
Read full article
As you are all aware, the .75 server list at aceofspades.com has been shut down permanently. This marks the end to an Ace of Spades that we have come to know and love over these last twenty months. This also raises a question: what will we do from here? Where will the Komrades move to now that AoS is transitioning to a paid model?
While any of you are welcome to try out 1.0 as it becomes released to the public, we are not officially moving to the opengl version of AoS. Instead, we are going to be active in Build and Shoot, the spiritual successor to the voxlap version of AoS. Build and Shoot will remain free, so it will be just as easy to jump on servers and do what us Komrades do (kick serious ass) as it was in .75. To sum it up- yes, Komrades, as a gaming group, will support both AoS 1.0 and 0.75.
That’s not all, though. We are also interested in finding other games that our Komrade family can play together and have fun in. These games wouldn’t replace Build and Shoot; think of it how we played Minecraft last summer as a fun passtime.
All in all, things are looking just as good as they have been, if not better. We finally have a new version of AoS to play along with the original, and with these forums we have the ability to expand to wherever we want! No matter the outcome, you can expect us to be around for a long time. Komrade Master Clan: now and forever.
In other news; congratulations to the winners of BotB VII and can’t wait for BotB VIII. Komrades vs TSB resulted in a 1-0 Komrade win!
Read full article
If you don’t know me, I’m KomradeZinger, and I’ve been a Komrade since the earliest days of AoS. I’m going to be helping out in writing blog updates (like this one) on the site to keep everybody updated on what’s happening both within the clan and with whatever cool events we host or participate in. This particular update will efficiently introduce our new site and staff- as well as the current happenings as of this post. We’ll try to make these updates a frequent activity. Every now and then if multiple people are accepted at once, we’ll mention them in the post
As most of you likely have seen already, Korakoff has done a huge revamp on our website as well as creating the forums, and from now on its going to take a much larger role as a means of communication for all of us. We’ve already got the forums up at the Forums button above, in the navigation bar, but right now both the site itself and the forums need a bit more work to be done for it to be up to our standards and for the comfort of our clan and friends. At the moment, you can only use webchat for our IRC-which everyone uses daily- and go on the forums, but we’re working on many projects to aid us in our expansion. We’ve been starting to set up on http://buildandshoot.com. We’re finalizing the Gallery and Korakoff is working on a long story about the clan.
As I’ve already stated, we’ve launched the new Komrade forums. This was done mainly for two reasons. First, it is a lot more stable than the current means of communication under Jagex’s AoS, which is now completely a new game. Here, we have a lot more freedom in how we can have things set up, and we completely are in control of the site. Secondly, these forums give us the space to expand to other games if we ever feel like we want to. Basically, having our own forums gives us the most options regarding the future. Nothing to panic, however, with the upcoming of ‘paid’ AoS, as long as we remain loyal to previous versions on Build and Shoot as well as our other favorite pastimes.
Apart from adding new features, there are new staff team for the site!
- Altoids – “Hello fellow Komrades, Altoids here. Most of you guys might already know me as the new moderators to the forums. I am currently the clan ambasssador, and will try my best to make sure that our inter-clan affairs and matches go well, instead of ending in some troll-fest. I’m looking forward to helping fellow Komrades in the clan!”
- Pavel - “I have been playing Ace of Spades since FREE BEER. When not trying to raise my KDR to 1.0, I enjoys classical piano and coding. I am interested in the synthesis of nanoscale solid state materials with applications in low-cost, efficient photovoltaics.”
- Wyvern - “I am a flying green dragon that happens to suck at AoS only able to get 20+ ratios. Also I am a womanizer.”
- Tafuru - “Hello guys, Tafuru here! I just wanted to say that I’m glad we have this forum now, it’s so much easier to use then what Jagex made. A little something you should know about me, of course, is that I am one of the Komrade staff members for the forums and It’s my pleasure to help out and just give everyone a easier time. I will also be in charge of Public Affairs and such, like recruiting new members. Let’s just say I’m one hell of a guy ;3. P.S. I also like sweets >:o”
- Zinger - “I already described myself a little bit, but I would also like to say that my fellow Komrades are my friends, and I hope that I can be more helpful with my new role as a site author.”
We will be helping Korakoff with the progress of the clan and moderate the forums.
That’s all for now; stay tuned for new (more exciting) updates in the future! -Father Zinger
Read full article